Here's some things you can do with your kids/class at the zoo.
- Looking at a map of the zoo, take a survey of who wants to see what animals. Turn the results into a graph.
- Keep a log of how many animals you see in each exhibit. What does the zoo have the most of?
- Count how many steps it takes to go from one exhibit to the next.
- Calculate how much money it would cost to feed one of the animals--like one tiger. If it eats 30 pounds of meat each day and the meat cost $3 a pound how much would that be each day?
- Each time you go to an exhibit count how many people are there with you. Can you time how long each person stays to watch the animals?
- Draw a map of the zoo you went to or make one up. Put grid lines on it and you can label it.
- Here is my drawing--can you find which box my favorite Hippos are in?What's your favorite animal at the zoo?