I am having a difficult time with Facebook, but I did make a fan page if you use Facebook... Lucy Ravitch--Author and Teacher Blogger . The problem is that FB is broken for me. I can view my page and act as my page there, but to 'use Facebook as' and I choose my page I get an error message--HTTP 500 Internal Server message! I tried for hours to try and fix it, but can't.
So, I decided to take a break from that and check out Google+. I saw they have a Communities section. I found a few that fit me, but I also decided to make one. You might like some of them too.
- Elementary School Teachers is the community I started and I put subgroups of the grade levels and some subjects. I hope it will grow and be a great place to share El Ed stuff.
- Elementary Education had 120 people. It didn't have the subgroups that I thought might be useful, but it's an okay group. I found Loreen Leedy there--I'm a big fan of her books.
- Mathematics Education (K-12) had 500 people. It has a broad range of subgroups, from El Ed to high school math teachers.
- Common Core Conversation had 832 people. It has plenty of subgroups and seems like a good place to be.
- Children's Books, reviews, writers & illustrators had only 9, but seemed very well organized and I think it will grow once more Children's Book people start using Google+
For the community I started I even purchased a picture from Dreamstime to be the profile...
I really like Google+ and I think it is getting bigger. I love the ideas of circles and that you can put people in more than one circle. I have several labeled circles...
- PTA/School Friends
- Church Friends
- Writing Friends
- Blog Followers
Are you using Google+ yet?