Math is an academic subject that has implications in every part of our life. It teaches us reasoning and solves problems through logic. Many may fail to understand its practical use. However, please don't let your child think that way. It may make him lose his eagerness to learn, and he may show a reluctance in learning math. There are some ways you can help your elementary school child with math homework...
• Private math tutors are useful. They make sure that your child understands math well.
• Let your child do it him/herself. Ask if he can do it if not you can assist. In this way, his confidence in math sums will boost. A private tutor may help you in this regard.
Be Aware of your child’s homework
• Make sure to check his homework. Find out his problems and encourage him to solve it.
• If your child doesn’t understand the math well, ask him to communicate with his classmates. And make sure that he tries his best with all of his math homework. In short, parents have to be aware of what is to be done with their child regarding math tutoring.
Make your Home math-friendly
• Many young kids think that math has no implication in their real life. However, it is our job to make them think otherwise. Parents help them realize that math is everywhere. So, it's important to make the home a math-friendly one.
• Math teaches us to go for logic and to find answers through solving problems. So, show your child the implication of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in real life and tell him that these offer logic to resolving the problems.
• Encourage your child to explain his problem-solving process so you can understand his reasoning. Your child should know how to explain their problems. Through this, you can understand how they approach reasoning. You should encourage them in this regard.
• Talk about numbers when you have leisure times.
• Encourage her to have a piggy bank. Give her a penny every day and encourage her to count.
• Give her a chart of math facts. She will have it in her reading room. Every day she can see the numbering and problems.
Communication with the Elementary School Teacher
• Have a close connection with the math teacher of her elementary school. It will help you understand the needs of your child, and both of you can work together to assist the child in doing great in math.
• If you don’t understand math well, try contacting the teacher. Cooperate to improve the progress of your child in math.
• If your child is feeble in math, get adequate help from support staff. Encourage him to get math tutoring classes. In this way, her weaknesses in math may get resolved.
• At a parent-teacher meeting at the school, raise your concern over your child to the school authority. They should make sure your child gets the help they need. If adult math tutoring classes don’t help, researched based peer-tutoring may help your child.
Free Math Lessons on the Internet
• Many sites help math learners through video tutorial such as Khan Academy, math world, etc. You can help your child with these teachings.
• If you don’t understand math, you can get assistance from these math tutors. It will eventually help your child as well.
• Math puzzles are helpful for understanding math well. Many game makers have built exciting games using the enjoyable aspects of math. These games often help a child to start loving math.
• Many educational video games give a clear understanding of math. It can be handy for your child as well.
Daily Math book
• Maintain a regular math book for your child. In this book, your child will do sums that are necessary.
• It is vital to understand the progress of your child. A daily math book will help to improve the ability of your child in math.
* * * * * * * * *Author-Bio
Anthony Maldonado has over 25 years of experience in the field of Education. He specializes in setting up Educational State. He is an expert in the area of developing strategies of Education. He is presently working at private tuition Singapore.
* * * * * * * * *Thanks Anthony! Best of luck to everyone with students!